January 31, 2009
Stand Tall.
I'm learning a few things right now.
♥ from my students.
♥ from my children.
♥ from my husband.
♥ from my friends.
♥ from my old journals.
9 years ago I was reading like crazy. I was the {scale house} girl for a grass seed company just up the road from where I live now, and I had a lot of time to read. It was one of the biggest {growing} seasons of my life, and as I look back at my journal from August of 2000, I'm in awe.
In awe of how God truly transforms our lives when we let him.
In awe of how the verses I was truly applying to my everyday struggles still apply today.
In awe of the {greatness} of this wonderful Lord I choose to serve.
Fresh Faith.
Prayer.
The Mystery of God's Will.
3 books that directed my thoughts and actions during the summer of 2000.
3 books that brought my {faith} alive during the summer of 2000.
3 books that I need to read again in the winter of 2009.
................................................................
What are you reading right now?
If you had to describe your faith in a few simple words, could you?
Is God pulling you from the land of familiar?
Is the land of comfortable getting a little uncomfortable?
Are you growing?
Are you praying? {truly praying}
.......................................................
From Prayer
We pant through an endless series of activities with scattered minds and noisy hearts. We feel strained, hurried, breathless. Thoughts dart in and out of our minds with no rhyme or reason. Seldom we focus on a single thing for long. Everything and anything interrupts our sense of concentration. We are a distracted people. ** Unceasing Prayer ** has a way of speaking peace to the chaos ... but we must want it, want it with a consuming passion.
........................................................
I've had a great week. Full of good things. And as I sit here this Saturday morning, I know that Joshua 23:11 is alive and well in my life.
{Be very careful to love the Lord your God.}
Our gaze must always be upon Him because He is the One who will perform everything.
.........................................................
Stand Tall friends.
Stand Tall.
.........................................................
•• trying a new way of uploading photos ••
Do you like it better {bigger} on the page ... or {smaller} on the page -> click to get {bigger}??
Inquiring minds would like to know :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
God is so ALIVE in you!!! I'm praying this post one day makes it into YOUR book....the one that is going to inspire, encourage, and make a huge difference in someone else's Summer job!!! Smiling....because I am blessed to KNOW YOU!!! And, to see how BRIGHTLY YOU are shining for our LORD everyday! Happy Saturday & Sweet blessings!
Yes, I too, look forward to the day that God will give you an opportunity to write your own book!
His gifting in your life will bring it to pass!
Don't have a strong preference either way ...... just know that WE LOVE THE PICTURES you post!
Isn't it incredible all that God does, and how looking back to things we were learning *years* ago, we realize that in many ways they are still very relevant today?
Great questions in the post today!
Happy weekend :)
I don't understand the question. Sorry.
still love the post! makes me want to do more journaling and reading!!
Hmmmm... I am usually a 'bigger is better girl' but I can't get the entire picure on my screen all at once, so for now I'd say I like the 'click to get bigger' version.
Love the pic...love the reflection.
You are an inspiration, really make me think and reflect!!
I like the pics bigger cause most of the time I am too lazy to make them bigger and then never fully appreciate them!
LOVE this very thought-provoking post! Let's see...
What are you reading right now? The only things I am reading consistently right now are my bible, My Utmost for His Highest, and God Calling.
If you had to describe your faith in a few simple words, could you?
Great question! I'll have to ponder this one a bit longer.
Is God pulling you from the land of familiar? absolutely
Is the land of comfortable getting a little uncomfortable? yes!
Are you growing? slowly but surely
Are you praying? {truly praying} not as much as I need to be
What are you reading right now? Pride and Prejudice
If you had to describe your faith in a few simple words, could you?
Always a work in progress
Is God pulling you from the land of familiar? OH YES!
Is the land of comfortable getting a little uncomfortable? yes!
Are you growing? yes.
Are you praying? {truly praying} yes.
Just catching up...again. Our internet has been having some serious issues, but I miss you...it is always refreshing to read your words and "see" you here!
AWESOME post!!! i think i will read it a few more time & again tomorrow. just great!!!
God is for sure taking my husband & i out of your comfort zone. can't explain it all now - in a few months i'm sure i can. but its scary, very scary but at the same time exciting to know we are doing (or going to do) what we know HE wants us to. His plans, not ours should we follow.
thanks again for posting this & asking all these questions. just beauitful written :)
can you... will you... please tell me how you did the hearts???
super cute!
can you... will you... please tell me how you did the hearts???
super cute!
Post a Comment